The Sign of the Golden Cross Keys Suite is located on the fourth floor of the hotel. This bright and warm suite has an amaretto painted sitting area with overstuffed furnishings, nice large kitchenette and nice bath with tub and shower unit. The light sage bedroom has a warm relaxing feel, with a queen step up four poster bed. The quaint quilt and matching curtains give this room a country touch. It's one of the more spacious suites in the hotel.
By the first of April, 1810, The Sign of the Golden Cross Keys was opened, as Mr. William McClellan purchased "the large and commodious brick house on York Street a few lots west of the diamond." The promotions included the following wordage, "Where having everything in the line necessary for genteel entertainment, added to a sincere desire to please, he hopes that such as will give him a call will meet with accommodations to their entire satisfaction. The stabling is excellent. Also a commodious dry yard for waggoners who may at all times be supplied with any kind of food for the horses which they may think proper to order." Prior to operating this property, Mr. McClellan previously ran the tavern located on the site of the current Gettysburg Hotel.