This quaint third-floor suite is decorated with delicate blues and plaids, with queen size wrought iron bed. This is the perfect suite for one or the budget conscious couple.
The subscriber has taken a large and commodious tavern, formerly the Sign of the Buck, occupied by the late Jacob Ackerman; deceased. York Street, a few doors west of the Court House, where he intends to open a House of Public Entertainment, at the “Sign of the Spread Eagle” and to keep a steady attention to business, keeping the best liquors and an attentive hostler. He hopes to retrieve a share of the public favor. The Stabling is the best kind.” Unfortunately, the rental fees were not enough to pay Ackerman’s debts and eventually the property was sold at sheriff’s sale in the fall of 1809. The brick building was located to the rear of the present day James Gettys Hotel. In 1888, the third and fourth floors of the building to prepare for the 25th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. You can still see the ghostly outline of the original part of the building when walking to the parking lot through the garden.